Make Your Own Monster RPG!¶
JavaMon is a fully-documented game engine that offers cross-platform deployment to Android, Windows, Linux, Mac, and iOS. This engine has been specifically engineered to perform well on phones and other low-memory, performance-constricted devices.
Use of the engine and access to its source code is free for non-commercial use only. If you want to use JavaMon in a commercial product, please contact the developer for additional licensing terms.
Why should you use JavaMon? Here are just a few reasons:
- Game Ready: all you need to do is supply graphics, create maps, etc.
- Bundled content editors for monsters, items, quests, and even particle effects make game design a breeze.
- Optimized for speed and memory on mobile devices.
- Resolution-independent graphics and crisp font rendering ensure consistent display on different devices.
- Support for music and sound effects in MP3/WAV formats.
- Quick and easy map design via the popular Tiled Map Editor, with full support for multiple layers and map objects.
- Lua scripting support allows you to create quests, dialogue, cutscenes, etc. without needing to touch any of the JavaMon source code.
- A fully documented API and modular design makes it easy to extend JavaMon to different types of RPG games.
To get started, click one of the links on the left.